[3830] CQWW SSB VC6A(@VE6SV) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6sv@explornet.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VC6A(@VE6SV) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:44:02 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VC6A
Operator(s): VE6RST  VE6TL  VE6LDX  VE6SV
Station: VE6SV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: AB
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:  114     8       10
   80:  333    24       56
   40:  377    31       69
   20: 1904    39      128
   15:  437    31      115
   10:   16     9       16
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

The Sierra Victor team was VC6A â?? VE6RST, VE6TL, VE6LDX and VE6SV

It was a slow start, as we were still experiencing the effect of active
geomagnetic conditions from earlier in the week. Having a K of 3 and with 70 to
80 percent of our QSO targets passing the aurora oval, the first nighttime 8
hours were challenging on the low bands. We heard more than what we could get
into the log.

The 10M band was frustrating for us again, as we heard more multipliers than
what we could work. If we could have, it would have been 10 to 12 more
multipliers.

The 15M was not at its best either, as we could not sustain any type of
European or JA run. Also, no Eastern Europe or Western Asia opening and lack of
Russian stations for us on 15M band.

This was first time in a couple of years that we were able to get into the
second and third layer stations on 20M for about 2 to 3 hours a peak time.
Still no openings for us into Africa or the Middle East, we have experienced
this in the past as over the pole openings at midnight local time.

Saying all that, we would have not missed this great operating event. We worked
well, enjoyed each otherâ??s company, had some laughs and eat some good food. It
was definitely a team effort team!