[3830] CQWW SSB KY5R M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ky5rtim@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KY5R M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 12:25:28 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KY5R
Operator(s): K4AMK,N1OKL,N4JN,NV4B,KY5R
Station: KY5R

Class: M/S HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:
   80:   82    26       79
   40:  196    30       90
   20:  142    30       92
   15:  584    29      112
   10:   34    11       25
------------------------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

1st multi single effort in 10yrs from the newly configured station. Also
most op's had very little or no HF contest experience which included multi-op.
Since I had got behind the power curve on a meet and greet before the weekend
the "new KY5R station" familairization and team building  was the emphsis of
the weekend. So lot's of time spent away from the run's and mult hunting to
work with the op's on Multi-Single mechanics/strategy and hardware operation
(radios, amps, antennas etc). Also had time for a couple of great sit down
meals where discusions continued and questions got answered.

I am very elated that i can report no antenna or equipement failures occured
during the weekend which was ultimately comforting to the station owner, me.

Current configuration is:

2 x 5el on 10M, 2 x 5el on 15M, 2 x 4el on 20M, 1 x 2el CC 40mtrs, 2el 80M vert
array.
(The 10,15 20M stack are on separte towers. Currently only top antenna is
rotating as awaiting Tic Ring units for all three towers.)

Eqpt - 2 x TT Orion  1 X TT Orion II , 1 X Alpha 374A, 1 X Alpha 78

1 ea  2 X 8 Array Solutions Ant Sw  2 x Dunestar 600  swtiching BPF
(The antenna switch isolation and the switching BPF allowed all operation
with no I mean no intra-station interferance all weekend....another issue
thats
put to bed.)

Using N1MM and had no major problems which I thank Austin, K4AMK for.

So look for bigger scores from KY5R in all contest this season in a Multi-op
capacity. I am trying to replicate the effort of the old KP4BZ station from the
1980's era again which had much success . Yeah I know "click my heals together"
I am not the Carribean so more than likely no plaques but that's
not important yet Hi Hi.

A supreme effort was expended this very hot extended summer on the towers(TNX
K1TO,W4NBS,K4VU) has to pay off in the near future or my XYL is going to have
an estate sale well before it's time. So if there are any op's within driving
distance of Rogersville, AL that would like to get involved please do not fail
to contact me. 256-627-4025

See y'all in the CW weekend of this event plus ARRL SS weekends in between.

TNX fer the Q's and looking forward to ton's more,

Tim, Ky5R in the " Heart of Dixie "