[3830] CQWW SSB 9A7P(9A6XX) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hrle@ipazin.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 9A7P(9A6XX) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 15:17:45 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 9A7P
Operator(s): 9A6XX
Station: 9A1P

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Tican
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:  300    10       53
   80:  744    11       69
   40:  255    20       73
   20:  872    27       78
   15:  566    31       81
   10:  124    17       43
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

9A1P team commitments havent allowed to prepare serious M/S so I was left to use
the station for my old love - single op, low power contesting. Using such a
great location for low power contesting is really an amazing, unique
expirience.

However, after only 7 hours and over 600 Q's I was shut down by power outage
which lasted for over 4 hours (!!). It was 4 very long hours with lots of
quit/no quit thoughts (tnx to 9A1UN I stayed on).

Beside this electricity kickback, station performed smoothly. With
non-automatic station running barefoot makes life so much easier. With band
pass filters in front of 6x2 box, bandswitching was matter of seconds. There
were no RF issues either.

Highlights were nice USA runs which saved my result. Beside huge QRM it wasnt a
problem to score USA run from this station on upper bands. On lower bands I had
decend EU runs, without many DXes tho.

At moments it was very frustrating to hear much much more then I could actually
work. These gets to your nervs, specialy when it's about double mults like K3LR
or KC1XX with S7-S8 signals on 10m I couldnt break.

It was a weekend to remember!

Many thanks to 9A1UN, 9A3BIM, 9A8MM, 9A9SF for support.

73,
Hrle - 9A6XX

FT1000MP+TS2000 with PATRIK-1 simple SO2R box.
160m: inv v
80m: inv v
40m: GP
20m: 5el Yagi