[3830] CQWW SSB 3V8SS(KF5EYY) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, a.chaabane@alpha-engineering.com.tn
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 3V8SS(KF5EYY) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 15:33:12 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 3V8SS
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8SS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Sousse
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:   21     3       16
   80:  169     7       40
   40:  311    13       52
   20:  586    18       67
   15:  623    27       83
   10:  345    23       59
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Another time, the "sleep storing" theory proves its efficiency even if it
remained a theory and couldn't be proved scientifically. For the whole week
proceeding the contest, I was having enough sleeping hours (more than needed
sometimes) and this gave good results during the contest in terms of
concentration and allowed me to forget about sleeping (for a long while!).

The targets for this contest were 2000 QSOs and/or 2 million points. The target
for DXCCs was 300. Special care, time & effort were given to DX chasing by S&P.
I had nice catches (S7, OX, HC8, 8R, etc.). That was great working new ones!

As my Spiderbeam rotator is not functional anymore, I was running up to the
roof (2 floors) to turn it manually and then down to the shack... I can't
remember how many times I did this, it was fun and it was "real" radio spot!
:)

Conditions were excellent on high bands, with amazing 10m; but 40/80/160 were
very crowded and very noisy. Seems like people are pushing huge power out of
their antennas. It was unavoidable sometimes to work out of the bands.

I gave a first ever serious try this time to 160. It was too hard to work on
but it gave me some precious multis! My 100 watts didn't allow me to call CQ on
top band, I only S&P and call several times to let people recognize my call.

At final, this is my best contest ever! I'm very excited with what has been
done. Thanks for everyone who called me!

vy73 de Ash KF5EYY @ 3V8SS
Tunisian op of 3V8SS Radio Club
http://www.qsl.net/3v4-002/