[3830] CQWW SSB N2MM SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2mm@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N2MM SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 20:00:24 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2MM
Operator(s): N2MM
Station: N2MM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:   27     8       17
   80:  165    17       65
   40:  226    26       80
   20:  398    33      106
   15:  847    30      121
   10:  141    14       34
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Note to myself...NEVER try to operate an SSB contest with a head cold

20m impossible...It used to be that a 4 el monobander @ 92 feet was a
competitive antenna...Not any more...very frustrating. 15m much better. First
night 80m very difficult, last in every pile-up. Saturday night fantastic. 5 el
10m yagi at 110 feet died. Forced to use TH6DXX at 50 feet...Turned out to be a
dynamite antenna to the south and Africa. Unfortunately rotor stopped
indicating...Had to time the rotation and then run outside to check...Got me
out of the chair....

One dumb mistake on my part. I went to bed at 3AM Sunday...set the alarm for
6AM. Ended getting up at 8AM...Just enough time to work JT5 and JA on 40m, but
too late to find clear frequencies on either 15m or 20m.