[3830] CQWW SSB N6BM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nov6bm@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N6BM SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 21:33:39 -0700

        Band    QSOs    Pts  Cty   ZN
         3.5      29      60   12   10
           7      21      52   12   10
          14     109     299   40   18
          21     254     721   75   29
       Total     413    1132  139   67

            Score : 233,192
              Rig : Yaesu FT-950

         Antennas : SteppIR 3 element with 40 meter option
                    Home brew 80 meter wire dipole @ ~25"

Comments: 15 meters was my money band for my first attempt at this contest.  I
used my Yaesu DMU-2000's band scope and the SteppIR's 180 degree F/B controller
to work stations as I saw them from Japan to South America by S&P.
I bypassed the big pile ups to go on down the band and gather more points
jotting down the frequency at the big pile ups to go back periodocally to see
if it was worth the 3 points for the long wait.  I took a big risk to replace a
worn out TX/RX relay in my amp and only finished the project an hour before the
start of the contest. Fortunately it worked fine otherwise I'd go low power.
Overall it was a lot of fun dispite my disappointment that so many people don't
listen to the operator at the other end by calling out their callsigns when the
guy was already in a QSO...what a bunch of idiots.  I was happy to break the
200 Q goal I set for myself and it became addictive to not stop there as I
couldn't work stations fast enough for the time I had in the chair.  I looked
up at my the running total and about fell off my chair when it showed I had
gone past 400 Q's

Bill N6BM