[3830] CQWW SSB N4KG SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N4KG SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 01:32:55 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:   29     7       16
   80:   75    18       45
   40:  118    27       74
   20:  267    32       98
   15:  317    31      101
   10:   83     8       20
------------------------------
Total:  889   123      354  Total Score = 1,148,616

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Locals pressing me for my 'numbers' so I guess I will just have to post without
my usual writeup / statistics / comments.

I HATE to open a listing and just see the Numbers without comment.
It feels so EMPTY and SOULless.

I also hate to miss the Tuesday cutoff for the Band Breakdown Listing which is
almost impossible to meet with a lengthy writeup since it doesn't seem to get
updated for several days (or is it a week?).  That SUCKS !

FWIW, I found conditions to be Weird.  Listened to W6/7's calling stuff I
couldn't hear on 15M at the start, moved to 20M, heard an XE I couldn't get to
with my beam pointed East but NO AF or SA so moved to 40M and started working
EU transceive above 7125.  40M was Difficult without my beam - coax fell of
after tape broke from uV exposure.  High 80M dipole/ladderline at 120 ft.
worked fairly well to EU but Inverted Vee to SA at 60 ft took a lickin' (High
Dipoles for 80/40 broke after 7 years in the wind).  40M numbers stayed ahead
of 20M until Sunday Morning when 20M finally came to life.  15M was THE place
to be this weekend, especially for Low Power and/or Little Pistols.

I'm still massaging my statistics.  I KNOW I worked another multiplier on 10M
but must have forgotten to log him in my haste to go work yet another.  Blame
it on old age...  just can't push as hard as I used to, but even then I don't
recall making it over 40 hours.  Used to do 36 pretty well.  Now 30 feels more
comfortable.

Op time of 30 hours felt about right using 20 minute OFF Threshold because I
took a LOT of 20 minute breaks.  Just enough time for a bathroom break and a
quick snack.  25 minute OFF Threshold gave 31 hours and 30 minute OFF threshold
gave 32 hours.  10 minute OFF threshold said 26 hours but I KNOW I spent more
than 10 minutes in some of the Rare Multiplier Pileups which were BRUTAL.  60
minute OFF Threshold gave 34 hours which is not realistic.  Took a 1 hour NAP
Saturday morning at 16Z when absorption peaked.  Told you I'm getting too Old
to be competitive!

Icom 746 (at 80W drive due to bad power connector)
B&W PT2500 Amp at 800W (needs 120W drive for full output)
160M Inverted L
80M Elevated GP and Wire Vertical in woods
40M 80M Dipole between 130 ft Towers aimed NE/SW plus Inv Vee at 60 ft SE/NW
20/15/10  TH7 at 40 ft (ALL monobanders out of commission)

Tom N4KG in North Alabama