[3830] CQWW SSB NN3W(@N3HBX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, richnn3w@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NN3W(@N3HBX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 12:31:41 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N3HBX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   55    10       24
   80:  295    23       78
   40:  658    28       94
   20: 1053    35      119
   15: 1321    32      120
   10:  111    18       42
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks, as always to John Evans N3HBX for letting me use the Poolesville
station.

Decent condx; low bands were tough for me this year.  40 SSB is clearly now the
most difficult and contested portion of the amateur spectrum.  Frankly, I think
I liked it better when the BC stations were there.  Tried some different
strategies.  Took my break later in the night Sunday = fail; focused heavily on
15 meters the first day = win; tried to move everything that I thought was
exotic (5X, GZ, etc.) = win; thought I could successfully get to 20 early and
hold a frequency = fail; tried to work a JA on 80 = fail; completely forgetting
to check 10 meters late Saturday = fail; calling an IR9 on 10 and was
immediately called by ST2AR = win (my apologies to the IR9); having fun = win.

Congrats to K1DG!  I need to write a memo to N3HBX to ask him why his station
was built in Maryland as opposed to, say, Maine or Rhode Island (ha ha!).