[3830] CQWW SSB OP4K M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, op4k@telenet.be
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OP4K M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 08:28:52 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OP4K
Operator(s): ON4FG, ON4JW, ON4JZ, ON5TN, ON5UM, ON7RK
Station: OP4K

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Antwerp
Operating Time (hrs): 43:30

  160:   79     8       48
   80:  376    15       71
   40:  403    29       97
   20:  651    31      108
   15:  747    38      121
   10:   82    16       44
------------------------------

Club: Antwerp Contest Club

Comments:

Operators for this event were : Stefaan ON4FG - Jean ON4JW - Joe ON4JZ (also
owner of OP4K) - Karel ON5TN (going to Antarctica to the Princess Elisabeth
Base for a 2nd year in a row from Nov 10, 2010 until Feb 24, 2011 and will be
active as OR4TN) - Jim ON5UM and Koen or Ken ON7RK.

We entered this contest in the M/S category (as we already did many times in
the past).

Propagation on the low band are losing against the high bands.
10m did not fully open but we are confident that in the near future it will
improve.
As everybody noticed, 15m was the "band to be on" Sunday and we had a very nice
run on that band.

As the contest reached the final hours we targeted 2300 Q's and 2.3 million
points.

We failed by less that 13000 points the double target but taking everything
into consideration, we see improvement in the number Q's and score.

Thanks to everybody who hear / logged us and so sorry for the ones that did not
make in into our log.
QSL ok via bureau or direct.

Setup
Yaesu FT-2000
Acom 2000A
Optibeam OB18-6 at 50m / 170ft (3 el on 40m - 4 el on 20 + 15m  - 7 el on 10m)
Inverted V for 80m and T loaded vertical with 1 radial for 160m.

Hope to work you all in the CQ WW CW at the end of this month.

73 Joe on behalf of the OP4K team