[3830] CQWW SSB M4A(@G6UW) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, m0blf@domsmith.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB M4A(@G6UW) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 11:48:08 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: M4A
Operator(s): G3ZAY, G4AXX, G4EAG, G4KNO, M0BLF, M0DEG, M0HSW, M0LRB, M0SKI,
M0TDG, M0TOC, M0VFC, M0YCS, MW3YMY
Station: G6UW

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Cambridge UK JO02af
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  183     6       45
   80:  716    22       84
   40: 1047    33      102
   20: 1423    36      117
   15: 1086    38      120
   10:   77    14       38
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

The Cambridge University Wireless Society's annual entry in CQ WW DX SSB is
primarily aimed at introducing young amateurs to contesting from a reasonably
well-eqipped station.  This year was no exception as 10 out of the 14 operators
were aged under 30.
For the last few years, we have come 2nd to G6PZ in the M/S category in England
and so, this year, we decided to change to the M/2 category as a tactical move.

Unsurprisingly, this also allowed us to acheive our best claimed score in
recent years but, despite this, we have a lot to learn about the different
operating styles needed in M/2. It was a pity that the bands performed less
well than we had expected, but this was somewhat compensated for by operating
from the new CUWS shack which is warmer, better-designed and larger than its
predecessor!