[3830] SS CW VY1EI SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vy1ei@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW VY1EI SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 17:36:54 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VY1EI
Operator(s): VY1EI
Station: VY1EI

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Yukon
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   56
   20:   98
   15:  401
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

I was hoping to get over 600 QSOs this contest but ended up just short of that.
Band conditions were great on 15 meters all day Saturday. I averaged 50 QSOs an
hour for three hours which was better than last years' top rate of 40 per hour.
So my CW technique is getting a little better. First time a big pileup starts I
say to myself "man, I'd much rather search and pounce". But I know my rate will
go down so I hang in there. After about a half hour I start to get the hang of
it. After experiencing European pileups in ARRL DX CW, I made a pledge never
again to complain about North American pileups. I'll stick to that.

Sunday wasn't easy as the pileups were like two years ago. The pileups got so
intense I couldn't hear anything so I'd QSY. I get a better rate that way.
Major QSB the whole day. Stations that came in strong would fade out so much we
couldn't finish a QSO that we started. I had a hard time controlling the pileups
due to the major QSB. I've been working on my CW technique the past year. Got up
to 30 WPM comprehension using LCWO and I'm working to get up 35 wpm
comprehension. I need more time working with Morse Runner, based on what I'm
noticing this contest.

Seems like lots of operators got a sweep so that's positive.

Another two big ones to go: Sweeps SSB and CQ WW DX contest CW. Looking forward
to it.

Eric
VY1EI
www.vy1ei.ca