[3830] SS CW AD1C Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] SS CW AD1C Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:02:42 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 8

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  219
   20:  190
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Radio:    ICOM 756 Pro III
Antenna:  1/2 G5RV in attic
Software: WriteLog 10.81

I had not planned to spend too much time in this one (which is why I didn't put
up the temporary vertical), but as one gets closer and closer to finding all 80
multipliers......

I started 1239Z on Sunday, 5:39 a.m. local time.  About 15 minutes later, KE0A
in ND called in.  That's a good omen.  During my first trip to 20m, the 2nd
person to answer my CQ was VO1TA.  Hmm, that's an even better omen!  I worked
the contest until about 11 a.m. local time, watched football, went back after
the game was over for a little bit, working KO7X in WY for my first QSO on 40.
After going outside to do some yard work, I came back in, tuned 1KC down from
where I had left the VFO on 40, and found KE0Z/VE4.

In the end, luck did not triumph over skill.  I heard WD0T in SD a couple of
times, but never could draw his attention.  I heard the pileup for VY1EI on 20
meters Sunday morning.  I never did hear Vermont, though Gerry, W1VE later told
me he heard me several times while operating at K2LE/1.  You don't call, you
don't write.....

So it was weird to work ND, NL and MB so easily, but have trouble with VT and
SD.  Every year is different. I guess that's why people keep coming back.  Oh,
and lots of loud signals on 15, but the #$%^&* dipole won't tune there for some
reason, so I did not make any QSOs on that band.

73 - Jim AD1C

p.s. tks to VA2WDQ who spent a LONG TIME trying to get my exchange correct.  He
was my only QC.