[3830] SS CW W4PM SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hmmjr@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W4PM SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 19:24:28 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4PM
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  387
   40:  260
   20:  215
   15:   26
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: Ten tec Omni VII, Ameritron ALS-600, 500W
Antenna: 176' Center fed at 55' tuned with MFJ Balanced Line tuner

My goal was to get a sweep and beat last year's score.  At 1639 UTC the VY1 was
in the log and all 80 sections were worked. Once I had all the sections my
interest diminished, but I kept plugging along and was able to end up with a
few more Q's than last year.  I think with my present setup this is about as
good as I can do.  Top stations will have about 400 to 500 more Q's resulting
from a bit more power, better antennas and much better operators. Since I have
neither the resources nor the desire to upgrade antennas and add more power and
my skill and stamina is going down rather that up as I get older I'll just have
to be satified with this which was and will forever be my best effort.

I may do a bit in the SSB portion of SS but I hate SSB tests and my ability to
operate those type contests is very poor.  Maybe I'll try for 100 to 200
contacts.

Thanks for to all who put W4PM in their log.

73,
Puck W4PM