[3830] SS CW W4RM Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4RM@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W4RM Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 02:55:32 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4RM
Operator(s): W4NF,K5VG,W4RM
Station: W4RM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  624
   40:  264
   20:  271
   15:   59
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well another CW SS is in the books, hopefully this years score will hold for
another ten top finish in the Multi-Op category.  Although this year score is a
little down for last Iâ??m still hoping for the best.

We started out working the first 11 Hours of the contest with 722 Q and 78
Mults all in run mode with all 78 mults calling us.  A good start but the rates
didâ??nt carry forward on Sunday and the 65/ hour rates went to the high 40s.

It was nice to have VY1EI call in on 40M Sunday AM and after that we went to
find KP4 / PR as they were the only mult that did not call us.  So we completed
the Sweep early Sunday AM.

We used Skimmer for the first time in SS and it was nice to have the data but
does put quite a bit of processor load on the computer.  The K1EL winkeyers
worked great and the keep the CW clean in transmit.

By 3PM Sunday we had to go to a S&P mode as the QSOs had dried up.  Not much
fun at that point but still part of the game.

The Team W4NF, K5VG and W4RM again had a great time and weâ??ll be back next
year.