[3830] SS CW AF6EV SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ddavison80@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW AF6EV SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:21:29 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AF6EV
Operator(s): AF6EV
Station: AF6EV

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:   99
   40:  172
   20:  210
   15:   40
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my second SS CW and my first sweep. I was pretty happy when W0KT called
Sunday afternoon for NE and the sweep. Last year I missed NL and this year NE
and NT were the elusive ones, as I went to bed Saturday night needing both. The
pile ups for both of these were huge on Sunday. I managed to work VY1EI when he
was a few KC off of his spot. The NE pile ups were impossible, so I went back
to CQing for points and hoping NE would call in.

My goal this year was to beat my last years score and I did this by 136 Qs. I
called CQ much more this year and I think that is the reason. The only place I
could hold a run frequency was up in the nose bleed section. I was pretty
lonely until I got spotted. Thanks to those who spotted me. I'm starting to
feel a little more comfortable running, but I'm still mistake prone due to
fumble fingers on the keyboard. I really appreciate the patience during my
mistakes.

I'm really happy with my results and enjoyed this contest. Its great to have a
measure on improvement year over year.

Thanks for all of the Qs.

FT450@100 watts to dipole and 80M loop.

73,