[3830] SS CW N9CO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N9CO@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N9CO Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 10:19:37 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N9CO
Operator(s): N9CO
Station: N9CO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Sycamore, IL.
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:    2
   80:  286
   40:  495
   20:  100
   15:   19
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Missed PR for the sweep.  Spent some time looking, too, but guess not enough.
Bad local QRN on 80 prevented using that band to it's fullest potential.  The
new RX antenna (east firing EWE) helped, but made working stations to the west
tough.  If I can convince my wife and family, I'll but up something (maybe a
Flag) pointing west.

Station still works; haven't made any major updates nor has it gotten much use
lately.  The EWE RX antennna was put up Saturday morning.  It's that time of
life for me with an active teenage daughter in high school and an equally
active 5th grade son.

N9CO is, and probably will remain for some time:

160m  Inverted-L
 80m  Delta Loop
 40m  2el yagi (XM-240) at 95'
 20m  4el yagi (homebrew) at 85'
 etc  KT34-A tribander fixed east at 37'

FT-1000MP and TR-Log v6.79

Oh yeah... besides the RX antenna, I tried swapping out headphones at times.
Made a difference.  My trusty Heil Pro-Set is getting kind of worn out at the
foam ear pieces, and some inexpensive but effective stereo headphones (Koss)
worked out real well.  Just the sonic difference helped to keep focus, and I
changed back after a while.

73 for now, and thanks for all the QSO's.

Charlie  N9CO