[3830] SS CW K8AZ(K8MR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8AZ(K8MR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:28:37 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8AZ
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8AZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  241
   40:  191
   20:   35
   15:   66
   10:
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The final stop on my four station SS tour. Although my route is determined
mostly by geography, saving the best station for last is a lot of fun.

The high bands did seem to close down, or at least become not useful, rather
early. Not many second radio qsos, just a matter of making the several band
changes easier.

Lot of good pileups here. At one point on 80 had the 10 qso rate timer at
151/hour. That's not bad even for a DX contest, let alone SS. This was the
first time I broke 500 qsos in a six hour stint.

Missed EW, AK, PAC, NL, NT, and PR.

Overall for the weekend, my four station total was 1661 qsos in 22:20 hours.
Total points were 246,304, which is equal to 1540 and a sweep. I never heard
PR. I had only single qsos with SK and VY1. The SK was VE5ZX calling in very
late on 80 from AZ. I had heard him a couple of time earlier calling people.
One of those time he was calling a guy in Nebraska, so at least I did get a new
mult out of that one.

Once again I profitably used my VE rule: if you hear a VE??? who then gets
covered up in a pileup calling you, go back to VE?. I did and that was my VE4
qso from K8AZ. However, when that happened it also turned out that the next QSO
was K1DG who gave me my only ME qso from there.

As always, I highly recommend the fun of doing muliple stations in CW SS!

73  -  Jim  K8MR