[3830] SS CW K0TG(@W0AIH) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K0TG(@W0AIH) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:29:31 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0TG
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  318
   40:  415
   20:  255
   15:   82
   10:
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I had a tough start and thought the bands sounded punky, until a couple of hours
into it I stopped and compared the rig I was using to another rig and found it
was the rig and not the bands.  Got that figured out, but I valuable time early
on.  I doubted I would get to 1K, but made it.

I Missed PR, NL, NT.  Looked around for them, but never found them.

I tried Paul's wonderful Rhombics on 40.  They worked great in a domestic
contest.  The first night they seemed best at opening the band.  Then I went to
the Yagi antennas.  The 2nd evening I stayed on them to the end.

http://www.qth.com/w0aih/

I am looking forward to next year and SS SSB.  Although it was nice to use the
narrow filters after the CQ SSB test last week.

73, John  K0TG