[3830] SS CW WO1N Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo1n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW WO1N Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 18:29:40 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): NF1D, WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

------------
  160:    0
   80:  112
   40:   31
   20:  184
   15:   50
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FT1000D, C3-SS@38', DX-LB Trap Dipole@45', 80M VertDipole, R7, N1MM

Offered up the station to Tom, NF1D for a small MultiSingle effort.  As we both
will be going to K1TTT's in a few weeks, we used this as a tuneup effort.

He accepted, that meant I had to clean the shack :-(

That cut into my operating time, but at least I now have a clean shack!

Put up the 80M vertical dipole Saturday morning. This should have been a breeze
but pulling on the ropes still in the tree from last year I noticed a huge limb
had broken off the top of my beloved pine shaped antennna support structure.
Spent the next 1 1/2 hours trying to get it out of the tree before it kills
someone, with no luck. Put up the antenna anyways and prayed the wind doesn't
blow so hard....

Good fun, well worth the effort as a great tuneup for CQWW CW.

CU on the bands,

Ken
WO1N