[3830] SS CW W4PA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W4PA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 05:08:16 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4PA
Operator(s): W4PA
Station: W4PA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

W4PA SS CW low power 205/73 = 29,930.  I was on for the first hour, a
couple hours late night Saturday and couple more after getting up
Sunday AM.  Very little CQing, mostly tuning around working people.

Only the 2nd contest I've operated this year so far - the other being
the IARU HF at WRTC-2010 in Russia.  First one from TN in quite a
while, I think.

Very basic setup - Ten-Tec Orion, XP laptop with N1MM, Vibroplex
paddle.  Antenna is a stealth 43 ft. high wire vertical in the side
yard suspended from a tree, with the ground clamped to my neighbors
300 ft. long chain link fence as a counterpoise in lieu of running
radials.  I was surprised how well it worked, really.  The Orion
autotuner had no problem tuning it 15-80 meters.

I was on Bonaire from Oct 13-20 with 4 other ops; we made 45,000 QSO's
with 2 stations as PJ4D and I was also able to operate PJ4W with the
Radio Netherlands sterba curtains one afternoon while there.  21 dBi
gain does wonders for the old signal ...

73

Scott W4PA
www.vibroplex.com
www.spiderbeam.us