[3830] SS CW W2RE Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lee@ww2dx.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W2RE Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 10:07:31 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W2RE
Operator(s): W2RE, WW2DX, AB3CX
Station: W2RE

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NNY
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  414
   40:  600
   20:  269
   15:   25
   10:
------------

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

I have to hand it Ray (W2RE) he really built a very competitive station in less
then 2 weeks. 3 x 100' towers with stacks. Looking at the results from CQWWSSB
and how we did this weekend it looks like its a winner. I look forward to
seeing the score in CQWWCW in a couple weeks with better antennas on the low
bands.

This was our first real M effort on SS and from this location we had no idea
what to expect. We learned A LOT in a little bit of time and most of all we had
a BLAST! We all can do without Sunday's tho. ZZZzzzzz

Periodically we checked the reverse beacon network all I can say is that this
station seems to really be playing! Spring will bring much bigger designs on
the low bands and we look forward to being competitive there.

M/S was decided on pretty close to the start of the contest. AB3CX and WW2DX
were able to make it so we decided to make it happen. Figuring out how to do
M/S in a SO2R station efficiently required some very fast thinking and
tweaking. We ended up using one of the main 1000MP's for the run radio and use
a K3 for the mult rig. 79 of the 80 sections called us and we only had to chase
NT on 15m (thanks).

All in all, the new station and QTH seems to be playing very well. We had a 80m
dipole @100' between 2 towers and used the 3 ele 40m Yagi with great success.
The 80m dipole we think was too high, 6/7 landers were 30 over and 1/2/3's very
weak, oops.

The new QTH is in NNY and this was also a new experience. Looking over last
years score's we set a goal of 200K and chasing after K2NNY who we knew were
going to be a very big challenge. I think a lot of guys got tripped up with the
NNY as we were asked to confirm the sec quite often. Looks like we won't know
who won NNY until log checking so congrats to K2NNY for a very FB effort, its
was fun chasing you guys.

I would also like to comment on Mike AB3CX, Mike has been putting in nice
scores from his home QTH in Cooperstown, NY with very modest station. We now
know how he was doing it, what a GREAT CW op!
There will always be a seat available here for Mike until he gets his new 30
acres on a hilltop on the air! So we will try our best to keep him off the air
there to be on the air here :)

We would also like to thank Lori, KB2HZI (W2RE's XYL) and Daughter Kelly for
keeping us well fed!

As always thanks to Ray for letting us play radio at a great new QTH!

73, see you guys in CQWWCW!

Lee
WW2DX.com