[3830] JIDX SSB NH2T(N2NL) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX SSB NH2T(N2NL) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 13:59:14 -0800
                    JIDX Contest, Phone

Call: NH2T
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Guam
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:
   40:  562    46
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  562    46  Total Score = 25,852

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

The JIDX was always a favorite of mine when I was last stationed on Guam a
decade ago, and this weekend was no different.  With limited time this weekend,
I chose single band 40m.

For 40, I use a dipole up 50ft and have a 1000ft Beverage pointed toward JA/EU
which helps greatly with QRM.  Conditions were up-and-down, changing every few
minutes, with loud and easy to copy callers one moment, and very weak callers
the next.

The first night, I mostly stayed below 7100 (we can operate 7075-7100 outside
of mainland NA).  The second night, the BY Dragon completely wiped out the
bottom 125Khz of the band, forcing me higher.

Worked all prefectures but the JD1's and Ehime (JA5).  I wish my Japanese
vocabulary contained more words than I could count on one hand, because there
were times when the station calling would give me their CQ zone or QSO number,
and it was all but impossible to say that I needed their prefecture.

My claimed score is a couple thousand points over the existing 40m SB record.
Many thanks to all those in Japan who called in, and to Tack JE1CKA and the
other JIDX committee members who have done an outstanding job managing the
contest.

73, Dave KH2/N2NL