[3830] WAE RTTY KI7MT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki7mt@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY KI7MT Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 01:05:03 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KI7MT
Operator(s): KI7MT
Station: KI7MT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  201   201          76
   40:  291   291    50   126
   20:  345   345   262   140
   15:  213   213   100    88
   10:   13    13          18
-------------------------------
Total: 1063  1063   412   312  Total Score = 662,592

Club:

Comments:

First, thanks fort DARC for sponsor the event.

Not sure if the score is correct, as many other things failied on N1MM, so I
need to do a full log review, fun fun

Two words sum up this one for me, "Not Fun". I should have pulled the plug
Saturday morning, but I started it so was determined to finish and put in a
real effort. I won't make that mistake again. I probably wont play in this one
again, as the yeild falls way short of the effort required to get it, but did
enjoy the QTC thing, when N1MM-SW decided it would work properly.

If you were in the eastern half of the country, probably had a pretty good
time, else it was more or less a domestic RTTY QSO party. Many workable Non-EU
DX stations were not using QTC's so things soon became an exercise of going
though logging motions, as the window to work EU stations was short, and
stacked with callers.

The only thing worse than the conditions, was the behaivour on 20M. I spent the
least amount of time on 20M, and trided vry hard to not spend any at all, but
the rates drove it. I won't make that mistake again either, as the rates just
aren't worth the non-stop QRM and bad operating practice.

There were a few highlights; Wworked a few folks on 5 bands. JA's, even though
the JIDX contest went right through the WAE, was well represented. S.Pac had
great sigs on 15/40. Only a few SA stations heard, but they were constant
throughout the test and on most all bands.