[3830] KyQP N5WR/M RoverCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, erikmartin44@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] KyQP N5WR/M RoverCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:37:41 -0800
                    Kentucky QSO Party

Call: N5WR/M
Operator(s): N5WR
Station: N5WR

Class: RoverCW LP
QTH: KY - 33 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:   292
   40:   837
   20:    17
   15:     3
   10:
--------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs. I was surprised by the level of activity in
this contest. There were a steady group of guys who stuck with me all day, many
of them county hunters. Thanks for making this a great run. This is the most
contacts I've made so far as a solo op in a QSO party. I just ordered some new
QSL cards if anybody needs one.

40 meters was great all day. Best hour was 140 at 20Z. Just like last weekend
in Sweepstakes 40 went long early and spent most of the last 3 hours on 80.
Never could get much going on 20. Drove a total of 950 miles, nearly 600 in KY.
Only took a break once during the contest for gas. Had 2 deer run across the
road in the morning somewhere I think in Logan county, had to slow down to
avoid hitting one of them. I was ahead of schedule when I made it to Garrard
county so decided to head north towards Lexington to pick up Jessamine,
Fayette, and Clark. Ran into heavy traffic next to a mall in Lexington, had to
make a detour to get around the traffic. Was ahead of schedule again once I get
to Knox, so decided to head east to pick up Bell. All told made it to 33
counties.

Had some equipment issues to work through. I usually use my TS-850 on the road
which is my 2nd radio, but it when I hooked it up before the contest it was not
transmitting at all. So swapped it out for my FT-950 instead which worked well.
Also my MFJ screwdriver controller has stopped counting turns for some reason
so can't save any memory settings. This means that everytime I change bands
have to use an antenna analyzer to tune it.

Thanks again for the activity and hope to see everyone next weekend in SS SSB.

Most QSOs: NT2A(37), W9MSE(36), W5MX(31), KN4Y(28), WA4SM(27), N9QS(25),
N0UY(23), KS4S(22), W3DYA(22), K9EN(21), K9JHQ(21), N4VA(21), W9OO(21),
K4YT(20)

73, Erik N5WR