[3830] CQWW SSB K6GEP SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K6GEP SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 01:56:08 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5

  160:
   80:   19    11       13
   40:   47    19       28
   20:   58    13       22
   15:   96    21       47
   10:   17     5        6
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Very good condix this year, especially on 15.  Not quite enough for 10M.
Had some wet weather the week prior, so local noise was down.

I still didn't break my personal best QSO count from 2007, but with more
mults, I got a better score.  I broke personal best on 15, beating that
amazing opening in 2007 we had with ZERO SUNSPOTS.

Fun to work Indonesia and Malaysia on 15M at night around 0230z Saturday
night.
Nice short opening to EU on 15 Sunday morning.

My armstrong rotor technique with the beam broke down Sunday morning, when
a guy rope broke, and the whole beam tilted over.

No new-new countries this time.  Got some nice band fills from PJ2T for
Curacao. Much easier to work in contest than their 10-10-10 DXpedition.

Rig: FT-990 , 100W

Ants:
80 meter dipole sloping from 40 feet
80 meter OCF Windom sloping from 40 feet
40 meter inv vee at 45 feet (for 40 & 15)
Wilson SY-2 Tribander at 18 feet - 'Armstrong' rotor

N3FJP CQWW Log