[3830] SS SSB NX5M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nx5m@txcyber.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NX5M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 16:03:13 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, KU5B, N5XJ
Station: NX5M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 16:30

------------
  160:    0
   80:  161
   40:  388
   20:  176
   15:  523
   10:    2
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Been quite a few years since doing a multi-op in this one for me.  None of the
operators really had the drive to get after it like we needed to and there were
some conflicts involved as well.  Both myself and N5XJ lost a family member late
in the week so that kinda too some of the wind out of our sails.
After the first hour we knew we were not going to really compete very hard.
Saturday night we went and played golf on the wii.  Got back on for a while
Saturday night/Sunday early morning and then went to sleep for a good 7 hours
or so.  Broke for lunch Sunday mid-afternoon so we only put in a little over 16
hours of operating time.
Spent little time on 20.  What a zoo!  When are people going to realize that 20
is crowded and quit asking people to move up or down?  There is nowhere to go so
we all just have to deal with the qrm.  That is contesting!!
I doubt we will do another multi next year because there is no way to win
without having two operators.
I am sure W6YI will win this again so congrats to that group in advance.

Happy Holidays to all!