[3830] SS SSB NK7U Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NK7U Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 20:08:25 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): NK7U, K7ZO
Station: NK7U

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:
   80:  307
   40:  443
   20:  616
   15:  449
   10:
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Overall that was fun. Thanks to the many ops out there for sticking with the QSO
long enough for us to get the full report. Some of you have amazing
perseverance! As Joe/NK7U says "Sweepstakes is a contest you love and hate at
the same time." It is great talking with our friends in Canada and the US,
participation is great, rates can be high. But the QRM can be numbing and the
stress and effort to pull out the whole exchange seems to leave us with knots
in our shoulders more than other contests.

This was our first sweepstakes using an interlocked pair of 1000MP's to give us
operating flexibilty. It was a learning experience and we fell a bit short of
our 2000 QSO goal, though set a station record just the same. (K7ZO also had to
leave 5 hours early for the drive home to beat a winter storm barreling down on
the area.) As the saying goes "If we knew then what we know now" about
maximizing the benefits of the interlocked radios we would had 2200 QSO's. Next
year!

We got our sweep at 0634UTC the first night when NLI went in the log. Our last
few sections before that were ME, EWA, MT, UT and SK. Seemed like great
participation from all the usually rare sections - good jog to all the ops and
teams out there. PR seemed to be the rarest this year as we only had one in the
log.

See everyone next contest.

Scott/K7ZO