[3830] SS SSB N6WM(@K6LRG) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wm@largeradio.org
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N6WM(@K6LRG) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 20:15:32 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: K6LRG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Patterson Pass, CA
Operating Time (hrs): ~22
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  114
   40:  323
   20:  550
   15:  264
   10: 1251
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Murphy visited the hilltop antenna garden with a cold very windy rainstorm on
Saturday night that caused rain (Sleet) static to make all low band antennas
useless for at least what totaled to a couple of hours completey torpedoing my
40 meter operation.  And me with no beverage out, I tried to transfer to the
SteppIR vert, with the noise SLIGHTLY less on it but getting out alot worse..
you get the picture.  Spent the entire rest of my op time clammering to catch
up.  I finally had to pull the plug so KG6C could come in with his radio and
operate for the rest of the contest period.  QRM on 20m and sometimes 40m could
cause one to seek a therapist.

On the upside, Sweep came early and easy, and local club participtation was
stellar..

Technical radio configuration worked very well thanks to K6LRG regular N6ML's
contributions, and I did discover a faulty foot switch that was causing some
confusing behavior.

After all, its a competition, and sometimes things get interesting.

73, GL and Great effort by all!

Seeya next time!

Chris
N6WM