[3830] SS SSB K4EET Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4eet@datm.org
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K4EET Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 12:17:45 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4EET
Operator(s): K4EET
Station: K4EET

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 8.75

------------
  160:
   80:   31
   40:   57
   20:   35
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had a lot of fun this year. I like ARRL Sweepstakes because of the large
number of stations from the USA and Canada. The geography is ideal for my
dipole antenna with major RF lobes east and west from Maryland. I get to see
how well my peanut whistle of a station does in busting through pileups with
the Big Guns.

You may be thinking that after a 8.75 hour effort, there should have been more
than 123 Q's to the showing. The reason for the low score is two-fold. My
station is challenged with respect to the operating position. I have to juggle
the computer keyboard with the desk microphone when not using a borrowed
headset and VOX. RF in the shack on 20 Meters plays havoc with VOX. The other
challenge I am faced with is a hereditary disorder similar to muscular
dystrophy. Various traits to my MELAS disorder result in an additional
challenge to contesting.

Again, I enjoyed being a Sweepstakes participant. See y'all next year in SS!

73, Dave Hamm K4EET