[3830] SS SSB K4SSU(NA4BW) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, na4bw@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K4SSU(NA4BW) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:45:17 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4SSU
Operator(s): NA4BW
Station: K4SSU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  667
   40:  676
   20:  392
   15:   56
   10:
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

CAUTION CAUTION YOUR SWEEP IS IN JEOPARDY. No not yours - mine! After the
fastest ever getting to mult 79 that I can recall, #80 - NL was no where to be
found.

I have missed NL on CW in the past for a sweep and figured that would be the
case again this year on SSB.

Then, on 40m @ 0010z GMT (Sunday evening local) was VO1HE calling CQ. Thx OM.
You can't imagine how good that one 1 felt that late into it.

Rode 80 really hard this year as condx. were just superb. 40 was OK but seemed
long most of the time and I bet a 1/3 of the q's on that band were just above
the noise floor and required several fills. 20 continues to require advance
RSVPs and the resulting QRM at times seems worse than the broadcast garbage
above 7200.

Pipeline into VA and MDC again this year and another stellar turnout of the
PVRC gang.

Q count is down about 120 from last year and that's mainly due to the lower
production on 20m. Toughest mults were NL PR SK VI.

Best exchange - some W6 called and so I gave him the info. "i'm not in the
contest". {OK will you at least give me a report} "I'm just wondering about
your condx there" {Condx are grand - pls give me your exchange} "I'm not in the
contest" {Well we are 3 q's into this already -pls give me an exchange and I'll
send you a Christmas card} "1 a W6 98 org"  So do I send him a card??!!

Thx to Dave and Gayle - you guys are the best. 73 Brian NA4BW @ K4SSU