[3830] SS SSB KC4HW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc4hw@centurytel.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KC4HW Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 17:02:37 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

------------
  160:
   80:   94
   40:  269
   20:  251
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Missed PR this year.  Have never made a sweep on PH.  Really worked hard chasing
the bands and calling CQ, but just never heard a PR station.

Actually with a couple of hours to go I need both PAC and PR.  I finally got
KH6LC/QRP on 20m as the band was colapsing!  He had a very good signal at S3
and gave me S8 for my real signal report.  I was thankful that the band lasted
long enough to get the QSO in.  He was the only KH6 that I heard.

Had a real good run on 40m during my last hour and a half of operating with 104
QSOs during that period. Signals were strong and had an endless flow from the
NorthEast.  Had a good run on 80m on Sunday morning with 44 QSO in 45 minutes.
20m played very good also, but was quite crowded.

I keep telling myself that I am going to play HP, but at the last minute I
could not think of a good reason to NOT be LP.  About 2 hours into the contest,
I remember why I wanted to go HP.  Nevertheless, I stuck it out and did OK.

Worked 16 stations with CK of 10.  Was glad to welcome all of those stations to
SS PH.  Additionally, worked 79 stations with a check between 50 and
59--congratulations on 50 plus years of Ham Radio!

Worked 6 school stations and was surprised to only work 16 QRP stations.

Had 410 QSOs by running and 210 QSOs by S&P.

Unfortunately, no real improvements in the station this year.  Work just keeps
getting in the way of FUN.

Station rundown:

Yaesu FT2000 with MTUs
204BA at 108'
40-2CD at 118' and 40m Delta Loop apex at 65'
80m Inverted Vee at 65'

OK, this is it from South East Alabama.  Thanks to all for the QSOs and hope to
hear you again real soon.

73

Jim/KC4HW