[3830] SS SSB N6DW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dwp@surewest.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N6DW Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 00:00:43 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6DW
Operator(s): N6DW
Station: N6DW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Sacramento Valley
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:    0
   80:   75
   40:  145
   20:   42
   15:   48
   10:    0
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Compared to the CW weekend, this weekend seemed like a lot of work.  With my
vertical and low OCFDipole, I could not break any large pileup, even running
600 watts. On 20, it seemed like I couldn't be heard over the din, even when
there wasn't a pileup.

Now for the claimed handicaps - using new loggin software,getting over a cold,
lost my computer DVK function to an odd glitch that kept turning off the mute
on the soundcard Monitor channel resulting in feedback echos, broke into random
coughing fits and finally began to lose my voice.

But there were moments - my only run was with locals on 40m Sunday afternoon,
when I got spotted and was on the other end of a pileup for a few minutes.
Made it all worthwhile.