[3830] CQWW CW W4AN(N4JIK) SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4jik1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W4AN(N4JIK) SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 16:23:12 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W4AN
Operator(s): N4JIK
Station: W4AN

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Phenix City, AL
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    8     4        8
   40:   89    12       35
   20:  134    20       58
   15:  199    24       73
   10:   46     7       19
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT-897 â?" 100 Watts â?" MA5B, 40m Windom, G5RV Max:
All I can say is WOW amazing conditions and the station worked flawlessly this
go round. The callsign made a huge difference I must say, it broke through
pileup after pileup even at 1tt. Didnâ??t get as much time as I had planned on
40/80m since Saturday night I took a little break went and sat down on the
couch with my son to watch some Scooby Doo and next thing I know it is 2AM and
the wife is coming home from work. Just gave up and went to bed. But the little
bit of time I did get there tonight paid off in dividends. Must say that the
MiniVNA antenna analyzer that the XYL bought me for my birthday was an amazing
addition to the shack â?" I have used it to isolate EVERY possible problem that
I could find and seems like it worked really well. Thanks to John and the club
for the use of the callsign â?" but of course I work a whole heap of new DX
entities that I donâ??t have under my call (going to have to look into the
legality of that one since they were all LOTW users).

And yet another thanks goes out to John K4BAI for the few minutes I got to
spend in his shack watching him the other weekend. I learned more in about 30
mins of watching him then I think I had ever known previously â?" and it showed
this time around. I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving and a Merry
Christmas â?" I know we will be since we just found out that I got promoted at
work. So one heck of  a week for me.

Not bad for just passing my one year mark in contesting. Hooyah!
Jeremy
N4JIK (W4AN)