[3830] CQWW CW KG4IGC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KG4IGC SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 16:45:10 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 13.55

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:   34     7       23
   20:   30     8       18
   15:   58    16       34
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

Hello All,

Hope that everyone had a great holiday and tons to eat, I know that I did!
Despite having a houseful this year decided that I was going to sneak in and
break out my rusty fist and the WD-40 to work the CQWW CW. Boy did I figure out
quickly that I was VERY rusty indeed! Used Mix W to read cause most of those
guys were sending 150 MPH, sure came in handy...all returns were sent on the
bencher running 100 watts using my 282 foot loop and MKV. Was in and out of the
shack all weekend, and heard tons of EU on 15 and 40. Tried to work greyline for
JA's but only seen others working them on 15 Saturday night. Not being super
proficient on CW, I first set a goal of 10,000 points. I surpassed that Sunday
morning and decided that my new goal would be 100 contacts. I finally reached
that Sunday afternoon and from there I was pretty much over it, but continued
to make a contact here and there up until the end of the test. Five minutes
until the end of the contest I noticed that my country count was 122; the XYL
was sitting here in the shack so I told her "This ones for you"..contact
123...our anniversary...she rolled her eyes, gave me a kiss and went back to
reading her story online:) Did not here any locals but I am sure that there
prolly was a few "super fists" out there..my score is meager but I hope that it
helps the club.

Cheers and 73
KG4IGC Frank