[3830] CQWW CW K0TV M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0TV M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 17:25:09 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): K1BG, K1HI, W1MJ, K1WD, K2TE, NF1A, W1END, K0TV
Station: K0TV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: New Hampshire
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   86    15       55
   80:  826    26      106
   40: 1434    34      131
   20: 1316    33      131
   15: 1056    29      116
   10:  112    19       51
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was the best effort from here we've ever had. The equipment mostly worked
well. The conditions were much better than last year, we had a few Europeans on
10.

The operating team did a bang up job on all bands but we got beat by a couple
of other teams in the Northeast. It was fun watching our scores on
getscores.org as we all racked up contacts. This was the first time K0TV ever
scored over 10 Million. Congratulations to K2LE and KB1H for an excellent
effort.

We got a chance to use K1HI's new K3. What an outstanding radio. The RX is
really great on the K3. Most impressive.

I would never have thought that 40 would be our big money band. I posted a
note
on Sunday morning that the 20 meter operator would have to stay until he
worked more contacts than we had on 40. Near the end of the contest, the
40 meter operator passed 20 once again. The last competition was between
the 40 meter operator (who also worked all bands except 20) and the 20
meter operator for greatest number of contacts. K1BG ended up 2 contacts
short of K1HI (1088 v 1090).

MVP goes to Bruce, K1BG for an all over great effort with honorable mentions
to Eliot, W1MJ for spending almost 30 hours at the station, K1WD for putting
in a great effort so soon after his illness, and Rex, K1HI for the most QSOs.

Many thanks to all who called in and thanks to everyone for a great contest.

Best 73,

Jerry - K0TV