[3830] CQWW CW W5RU(@KN5O) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn5o@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W5RU(@KN5O) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 18:09:16 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W5RU
Operator(s): KN5O K1DW K5YG N5HZ W5KB
Station: KN5O

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   49    15       29
   80:  309    27      100
   40:  742    38      143
   20:  750    36      143
   15:  489    32      128
   10:  116    17       46
------------------------------

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

First time we were able to go the time distance (the full 48 hours) and tried
the Multi-2 Class for a change.  I think we were all pleased with our
first-ever effort in this category.  It will be interesting to see how we stack
up regionally with our score, i.e., if we are competitive there.  And I'm sure
we'll see some big numbers from the East Coast stations.  Dallas, K1DW use to
contest with the KB1H gang years ago.  So congrats to them for a nice score as
posted on the Getscores.Org web site.

Thankfully no visits from Murphy - no hardware or software issues surfaced to
detract from the operation.  But the last several weeks of contests has
highlighted areas for improvement, so we will focus on those and not mount any
serious contest efforts until the ARRL DX slate of activities in February and
March next year.  All it will take is time and money.

Also, we were joined this time by Bill, K5YG and appreciate him traveling from
his Ocean Springs, MS QTH to help us out and a great help he was!  (Bill is one
of Marshall's (K5QE) key ops at the East Texas VHF contest station.)  And
although we ran a few times, most of the effort was S&P.. It seems there were
stations aplenty to contact.  We had fun on 80M with the new antenna and both
20M and 40M gave us a lot to pick from.  I've seen 15M in better shape earlier
this year and 10M, although improving, is still poor in our area - although
this time we were able to work a few far western Euro and West Africa stations,
besides just the Caribbean and South America.

Again, many thanks to my XYL for allowing the crew to come and go at all hours
and for preparing our meals, for which we are all very grateful.

So from the folks here, we wish all of you and safe and joyous Holiday season
and will probably see you in the pile ups next February & March.

73,
Ted, KN5O for W5RU (The Delta DX Association Club Call)

Team W5RU:
Dallas (K1DW); Bill (K5YG); Jim (N5HZ); Keith (W5KB) and Ted (KN5O)