[3830] CQWW CW VE3THX SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2irt@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE3THX SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:01:50 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3THX
Operator(s): VE3THX
Station: VE3THX

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Toronto
Operating Time (hrs): 9.3

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   97    19       60
   15:   73    18       46
   10:   10     5        7
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

My usual part-time effort from the home QTH of a good friend in Toronto. As this
is a holiday weekend with a major event for friends and family I was limited as
to my hours of operation. The only viable antenna here is a compact TGM
multi-band yagi mounted at 25' AGL. It worked flawlessly but using low power
through an antenna of this type invariably leads to frustration and the
inability to run or even work the more desirable mults.

It was difficult to tell if propagation was just bad overall or the low-mounted
beam was just terribly inefficient. The highlight of the weekend was working
ZL8X and a couple of African entities. There was no low-band operation of any
kind.

Using and Icom IC-7000, LDG AT-7000 auto-tuner and N1MM, connected through a
MicroHAM USB-II interface. Everything worked flawlessly.

Thanks to everyone for the Q's and your patience in pulling out an extremely
difficult callsign. My next year's project will be to get a better CW Call!

73 and hope to see everyone in ARRL-CW and in the 160 contests!