[3830] CQWW CW NQ4I M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NQ4I@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NQ4I M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 02:55:16 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): VE7ZO,W4SVO,N4FD,W4IX,KY4F,WA1S,NQ4I
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Griffin, Ga
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  382    28      100
   80: 1006    33      127
   40: 1868    38      142
   20: 1901    36      146
   15: 1353    35      143
   10:  190    20       62
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Congratulations to the other M-M stations who made such huge scores in the face
of fairly medium conditions. The Getscores site was working for us before the
contest and just about 2 hours before the test it would no longer post our
scores? Band by band breakdowns:

160m-W4SVO-TenTec Orion and Alpha 77 and 3 by 3/8 wave top loaded verticals and
4 by 2 staggered phased beverages. 100 Countries...WOW!!! This is the most dx
countries and zones ever worked from this station in ANY contest! My hat is off
to Mark SVO for the great job. He drove all the way up from South Florida to be
a part of our operation. Now thats dedication!

80m-VE7ZO-TenTec Orions by 2, Henry 3K Classic II and Henry 3KD Premier, 4
Square, and 3 by 3 vertical array, and 4 by 2 pahsed staggered beverages. Once
again ZO was over the top! He did a true SO2S(single operator 2 stations). We
moved the tables just before the contest to form an "L" shaped operating
position and Jim positioned his chair in the middle of both stations. A
combiner was used to put the left station in the left ear and right station in
the right ear. A new station best in number of qso's and multipliers was
accomplished! Way to go Jim!!

40m-W4IX-TenTec Orion's by 2, Henry 3K-A's by 2, 3 over 3 stack and 4 el KLM at
100 ft for mult station. Mr Drubber did it all! Truly a one man show! The mult
station was vacant most of the weekend as we were about 3 op's short. This man
never sleeps! He is king of BIS (Butt in the Seat)!!! Great job Drubber.

20m-KY4F-TenTec Orion's by 2, Henry 3K's by 2, 8 over 5 over 5 stack, and 4 el
yagi at mult station. Another long travel journey by Doug to join us for the
test. His operator partner was unable to come so Doug doubled down and did it
all by himself! He gets the second place award for BIS!!! Doug did a great job
with some assistance from the mult station.

15m-WA1S-TenTec Orion and FT1000MP, Alpha 77 and Alpha 78, 8 over 8 over 8
stack and 6 el yagi. Ann was scheduled to do 10m, but when she got here, she
was pressed into operating 15m. A super job by an operator who has done it all!
Dxpedition experience out the ying yang! She hung in there with them all! Some
assistance from the mult station, but the mult seat was vacant most of the
weekend too.

10m-NQ4I and N4FD-TenTec Orion and Alpha 87A, and 7 over 7 over 7 over 7 stack.
Larry and I bounced around from mult station to mult station trying to just put
out the small fires..hi...in between we manned the 10m station. Some sporadic
openings to EU, but nothing consistent. Can't believe that KC1XX worked 108
countries on this band! Unbelievable! We are really needing some sunspots
here!!

The station was changed over to WinTest version 4 just 2 weeks before the
contest. There are some small issues that will need addressing. One computer
balked a number of times with WT4, and was eventually replaced. The 20m Run amp
suffered a loss of the input relay on Sunday afternoon, and we pulled the amp
from 10m to replace it. But no tower climbing at the last minute!

I had earlier mentioned that we were at least 3 operators short. Some of the
regular op's were unable to come, and had 2 op's drop out just before the test.
I would encourage any op's who would like to join the effort that we are located
near the Atlanta airport hub, with great airline service to almost any US city
pair. If you would like to be a part of our operation, e-mail me and lets talk.

Our next full time effort will be CQWW WPX CW in May. A new work schedule has
me committed for ARRL DX and WPX SSB. I have almost recovered from the
lightning strike, most equipment has been repaired or replaced, there are still
some computers needing replacement or repairs. But we are close to normal now.

I want to say a heart felt thanks to my operators, who spent their Thanksgiving
weekend at my qth and not with their families. It is truly a sacrifice year
after year to do the CQWW CW test and we all make concessions with our spouses
because of it.

The log from this contest will be uploaded to LOTW, and as usual qsl's are
available direct through my qsl manager Don K4PK.

Christmas holidays will be coming soon...Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to
all.

73 de Rick NQ4I