[3830] CQWW CW PI4DX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, konecc@snet.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PI4DX M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 05:30:05 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PI4DX
Operator(s): PA3EVY, K1CC, PA4A, PA3ADJ, PA0ABM, PG7V, PG5M
Station: PI4DX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Zeeuws-Vlaanderen
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  751    13       68
   80: 1586    25       96
   40: 1626    36      135
   20: 1326    35      113
   15: 1179    33      130
   10:  257    19       57
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Our first CW multi operation from this fairly new contest station and maybe a
new record for elevation (1 meter below sea level -- hi!).  We put together a
team of CW ops shortly before the contest, most of whom had never even met
before.  For some it was their first multi-op experience, everyone contributed
to the operating and we all learned a lot.  We broke the all-time M/2 Dutch
record on Sunday afternoon.  Conditions were a pleasant surprise.

We spent a lot of time configuring N1MM and still had some problems in the
contest, fortunately nothing serious except for intermittent packet spots on
Saturday at one station which hurt our multiplier.  A new 2-radio setup was fun
and provided a new experience.  The single 80m vertical works surprisingly well,
we had some trouble with the 40m yagi at one point the second night, it may just
have been conditions.  The nice opening to UA on 10 meters on Sunday morning was
the most fun for K1CC, especially with the 9el yagi, but we missed the Caribbean
opening on Sunday night and did not work any US on 10 meters.  He especially
enjoyed being able to run Europe at all hours of the day on almost any band :)

Our thanks to the regular PI4DX crew -- station owner Erik PD1DX for use of his
station and technical support, Johan PD2DX for his invaluable networking support
and troubleshooting,  Maarten PD2R for coaching and cheering and Willy PA3EVY
for his experience with the station.