[3830] CQWW CW ST2AR(S53R) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ST2AR(S53R) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 06:23:26 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ST2AR
Operator(s): S53R
Station: ST2AR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Khartoum
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    1     1        1
   40:   79    31       13
   20:  286    55       17
   15: 1088    86       25
   10:  692    74       17
------------------------------
Total: 2146   247       73  Total Score = 2,033,280

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

Very limited efort due to office/work commitments. I really hoped to give out
the mult on 160, but fell into bed both nights.

Limited operating time, being the only ST in the contest (you find others on
SSB) and one of the two (three?) stations from zone 34, produced some enormous
pile-ups, sometimes difficult to handle. Even running close to 200/hr was a
serious effort.

A nice opening to US on 10 meters late Sunday afternoon sure was a highlight.
For most of the time the band sounded weird to say the least, but those two or
three hours were really good!

One thing to mention though. Several big&loud stations simply couldn't take
that they did not make it through on the first call. Worst case took me several
minutes to complete a QSO, while a loud SOxx kept on coming over and over again,
trying to force a QSO over somebody else's neck! That is a very ruthless
practice guys and if you are interested who it was I can replace the xx with a
number and a letter! Not the only case by far though. Next contest I'll do some
recording.

Band were generally in a very good shape, unfortunatelly no chance for a
serious effort this time.

73 Robert, ST2AR