[3830] CQWW CW OP4K SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, op4k@telenet.be
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OP4K SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 06:35:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OP4K
Operator(s): OP4K / ON4JZ
Station: OP4K

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Antwerp
Operating Time (hrs): 35H48

  160:  136     6       31
   80:  574    13       48
   40:  736    31       86
   20:  932    27       76
   15:  775    28       72
   10:   89     9       23
------------------------------

Club: Antwerp Contest Club

Comments:

If you ever had a WOW feeling, well this contest was.
My new FTDX-5000MP (since Nov 15, 2010) played SUPER. I heard (and worked)
stations on the bands I never could hear with my FT-2000. This was a major test
for the transceiver which concluded as an A+++.

Needles to say that this releases a lot of adrenaline. Fatigue was suppressed
so I had great runs, super signals but 10m far from it's best.

I had a hectic week at work before the contest and I initially intended to
enter as SOSB but changed my decision (which I do not regred) while the contest
was going on as fatigue would probably be a major factor. A little nap before
the start of the contest resulted in a 30 minutes late start!!
For some reason I thought a SO could only work 36 of the 48 hours but this is
not the case in the CQ WW (Joe please read the proper rules per contest hi).
If I knew this while the contest was going on, I certainly would have shortened
my breaks.

This was by far my BEST EVER achievement as a Single Op and ever over-classed
our best result as M/S. Looks promising for the future.

Thanks to all for the Q's. Happy for those who made it into my log and feeling
sorry for the ones who tried in vain but did not make it.

Setup
FTDX-5000MP
Acom 2000A
Optibeam OB18-6 (3 el on 40m - 4 el on 20, 15m and 7 el on 10m)
Inverded V for 80m
Top load T for 160m with 1 radial

73 Joe
OP4K