[3830] CQWW CW NN1N SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NN1N SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 06:57:31 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NN1N
Operator(s): NN1N
Station: NN1N

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:  270    21       76
   80:  487    24       89
   40:  749    33      104
   20:  803    34      112
   15:  520    30      106
   10:   79    20       46
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Awesome conditions.  Buzzkill:  Sitting in front of the equipment at 2350Z,
ready for the start and an all-night operating session.  And the power goes
out.  Total blackness in the shack and no flashlights to be found.  Used the
backlight of the LCD on the portable phone to find my way out, ha.  After an
hour I drove down the road and found the accident scene where two cars took out
a power pole.  At 0200Z I was on the air.  At 1200Z, again the power goes out.
After an hour I went to bed and missed all of Saturday morning getting back on
around 1800Z.  Oh well, it was still a very enjoyable weekend of not-serious
operating.

My only 10 and 15 meter antenna is a Force 12 4BA at 120' (3 el 15 and 4 el 10)
which is mostly too high and not large gain, but worked pretty well -- was happy
to work as much as I did.  Next year will be 6/6/6 for each band.

Only SO1R and missed SO2R badly.

Back next year for real with all antennas.

Thanks to all the great ops.  C5A and ZL8X (6 banders) come to mind and did
tremendously.  Thanks to my friends Gulli, TF8GX and Dave, N2NL (NH2T) for the
great QSYs and for calling in the first place.  Hearing Gulli on 10 meters
call-in late in the day brought a big smile.