[3830] CQWW CW W7YAQ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W7YAQ SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:10:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7YAQ
Operator(s): W7YAQ
Station: W7YAQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Sisters OR
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:   16     7        6
   80:   56    16       22
   40:  170    27       75
   20:  357    30       93
   15:  269    27       76
   10:   57    16       23
------------------------------
Total:  925   123      295  Total Score = 1,076,350

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This was a fun weekend.  Overall band conditions were better than 2009.  Score
improvement of 20 percent in 4 fewer hours this year with same rig and
antennas.  Still looking forward to nighttime openings on 20, as facing the
long nights on the lower bands with modest antennas presents challenges.

To echo other comments, I was frustrated waiting through a dozen or more QSOs
to find out the DX callsign.  Nevertheless, lots of positives and very few
negatives overall!

Tnx to ZL8X (my DXpedition of the year!) for 6 bands, and to the PJs for many
new band countries.  116 countries worked overall.

Tnx also to CQ for sponsoring this great event!

Rig: K3 at 100 watts
Ants:  160:  MA160V short vertical
        80:  Inverted Vee at 65 feet
        40:  Steppir rotary dipole at 70 feet