[3830] CQWW CW SM6WET SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sm6wet@telia.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW SM6WET SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:05:52 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: SM6WET
Operator(s): SM6WET
Station: SM6WET

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: JO68se
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   20     2       18
   80:  125    10       52
   40:    7     2        5
   20:   56    11       25
   15:   43    13       24
   10:   11     5        7
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

RTX: FTDX-5000D+
Pwr: 100W
Ant: 3el 10/15/20 at 8mAGL
     12m high toploaded vertical on 80m
     WARC-dipole + feedline on 40/160m

This contest weekend was for me a big dissapointment. Not the contest itself
but every year I go to our summer cabin, we burn a m³ of wood in the stove and
it takes about 3h to take inside temp from -10°c to comfortable 16°.
This year we had recieved close to 80cm of snow in just a few days so there was
just no chance of going there.
The good thing about the place is that it is far from man-made noise and also
have some decent antennas for the lower bands.
Now I had to do with my city-lot QTH and my Amp is on service.

I decieded to not go in for alot of QSO but instead use the contest to figure
out my new radio. How was 3rd order intercept etc etc. I was very happy about
the results.
As I live in a city lot house I have not very much space for antennas. On my
chimney sits my 3-el tribander, a rotatable dipol for WARC, 6el for 6m and 9el
for 2m. I can tell you my chimney is coming down in a crash any day now.
I also have a plastic spiderbeam fishing rod kind of mast with 12m height. This
one have to support either 80m vertical (slanting inverted  L) or 40m vertical
made of normal household wire (1,5mm²) soldered to a SO-239 female plug and
ofcource a groungplane. It works quite good except I have to choose which
moments to work 80m or 40m.
My goal was to work my friends in HD2M this year on 15m and 80m as I need HC on
80m. Heard them but had no success in getting through. Hopefully I will be in
the cabin next years contest and get them on both 80 and 160m.

Well, all from me.

73 and CU next year,
Magnus SM6WET