[3830] CQWW CW K0RF M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ua@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0RF M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:40:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0RF
Operator(s): W2CO  W2UP  K7NV  K0AV  K0RF  N0HF  W1XE  W0UA  W0ZP
Station: K0RF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  201    26       68
   80:  500    32      110
   40: 1584    39      151
   20: 1900    39      156
   15:  848    36      139
   10:  152    22       58
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Another Thanksgiving weekend out here in the hinterland & the usual suspects
gathered at K0RF to celebrate the annual Festival of CW Gone Wild.

160:  (4-square verts. & Beverages)

Chuck (doggedly) dogged this band himself. How hard was it?  I sat-in for him
for 1 hour on Friday night & heard 12 EU mults--among which I got through
to...ONE.  Getting what Chuck got on a tough band requires patience, faith,
skill, signal--did I mention patience?  Fortunately, Chuck possesses all of
those.  And he was still up in the daytime feeding us...

80:  (3 El Yagi, Beverages)

W1XE did the heavy lifting here with help from K0RF.  The first night was hot
but the 2nd was not.  Chuck reported no LP DX heard or worked.  What's the
world
coming to?

40:  (3 El Yagi, 2 El Yagi, 4-square driven verts.)

K7NV and K0AV were like kids in the candy store the first night.  Everything
was open & they nailed it all like a ball-peen hammer.  The 2nd night didn't
quite live-up to the promise of the first--but they worked it hard & took what
was get-able.  That country-total shows their dedication to the task.  Superb
job, dudes!

20:  (5 El Yagi, 6/6 Yagis)

W0UA and W0ZP attacked (were attacked by?) 20 Meters.  The band died about 1.5
hours after sunset both nights, but the openings up to both EU and JA were
intense both days.  If there's a better band-partner than W0ZP I have yet to
meet him.  Nice job, Wayne!

15:  (6 over 6 over 6 Yagis)

With Barry, W2UP, on the case we were hoping for a wide-open band.  Didn't
happen.  Despite that disappointment, Barry did a fantastic job & got
everything available in the log. W2CO did a nice job with multiplier assistance
on Sunday.  Don't go away, Barry--your days for some serious running are just
around the corner!

10  (7/7 Yagis)

N0HF had to contend with a spotty band & rotator trouble with the upper 10.
(Both K7NV and K0RF were up the tower on Sunday to doctor the rotator)
Saturday was dismal but Sunday showed some openings & he and W2CO jumped-on
what was there.  They actually worked a few JA's and a couple of EU's.  Can
high rate-running be far behind?  We hope that's just a rhetorical question...

A thought:  Perhaps if 10 & 15 would just open-up for us again, we could look
competitive with at least the best East-Coast multi-singles?  Or perhaps not?
But that's OK--we do it because we LOVE IT!

OK, that's a wrap for this one.  Special thanks to Kurt, K7NV, for joining us
again this year and for all the antenna-help (not to mention his operating on
40).  Kurt & Chuck grew-up in the K6UA family of contesters, their dads (W6KUT
and K6RF) were both hams, they can do it all, and they carry all that heritage
into every contest  It doesn't get much better than that...

For the brave K0RF M/M Crew, 73 & thanks for the Q's,

Geo  W0UA