[3830] CQWW CW KN7K SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KN7K SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:14:26 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KN7K
Operator(s): KN7K
Station: KN7K

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Portland
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:  160     5        3
   80:  157    21       36
   40:  774    33       87
   20:  891    33      104
   15:  103    27       63
   10:   42    16       24
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Wow, that was a great experience.
Last time I did full contest about 16 years ago from Belarus and participated
in the past from my home with Dipole for 6-12 hours only.
Now, with such great setup at Brad's K7ZSD station it was like my eyes opened:
I didn't know I can have pile up from JA at 80m for about 1.5 hour,I didn't
know that there are so many HAMs in Canada and China, as I couldn't hear them
on my home dipole :-)
My 1st time with SO2R setup.Needed quite a few hours to adjust my ears and
learn how to run it.Got much better by the end of contest.
It was a lot of local noise first night on 160 and 80m with rain outside,second
night was better.40m and 20m were the greatest bands for JA and EU,but 15 and 20
gave a lot of DXC's.
Overall,I think I could do a little better with some strategy planning and I
wish I would know more about equipment used.
I want to Thank Brad and Ruth for having me there and helping me to get through
Contest with anything I need.