[3830] CQWW CW CR3E(CT1BOH) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CR3E(CT1BOH) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 01:55:57 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CR3E
Operator(s): CT1BOH
Station: CR3A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MADEIRA ISLAND
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:  322    17       52
   80:  901    25       79
   40: 2081    33       98
   20: 1372    32      104
   15: 1926    27      106
   10:  716    23       87
------------------------------

Club: CT3 MADEIRA CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

Many thanks to CT3 Madeira Contest Team - CT3BD,CT3DL,CT3DZ,CT3EE,CT3EN, CT3IA,
CT3KU and CT3KY.

Moving contest QTH from the east side of the Island to the northwest took two
years and a lot of work but the results are showing and the station is
competitive again. We are on the slope of the mountain with a clear view north
from 240º until 100º. The only problem now is South, we no longer have long
path into Asia, and working Africa (zones 36,37,38,39) is really difficult
because of the huge mountains in between. I missed all those zones on 15. Even
though I could find them on the second radio, breaking the pile-ups was very
hard to the point of frustation. It was really heart breaking not working a
single ZS on any band. Anyway nothing is never always perfect.

To sum up the contest, it was a good one but just not good enough.

Current set-up:

160 - Dipole
80 - Slopping Dipole
40 - 2el rotary + 2el fixed Europe