[3830] CQWW CW N8II SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N8II SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 06:35:07 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:   28    10       15
   80:
   40:   59    17       36
   20:    5     2        4
   15:   67    17       32
   10:  143    21       64
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It was another split weekend with 15M at W3LPL on Saturday and casual activity
from home mostly daytime Sunday. 15 was is good enough shape to produce some
hefty pile-ups answering our CQ's at W3LPL, but we had to interrupt the rate
fest to work needed mults many times. Of note was a good long path signal from
3W1M at about 14Z. Propagation to zone 21 was OK, but not as good as in October
and nothing was worked in zone 18 or 22 during the morning. We heard 8Q7DV
busily working EU. The cut off of propagation was around UA3; many UA6's and
Ukrainians were logged. In the late afternoon and evening there were good
signals from ZL and VK, KH2, and KH0, but the JA's were limited, only about 5
answered CQ's. So, we had to S&P and work the JA spots and wait in line until
no one out west was calling many times. We had 128 countires in the 15M log at
the end of the day and 80M was only 7 countires behind that.

>From home 10M was quite a bit of fun and opened surprisingly early to EF8M
logged at 1314Z. The other surprise was two EU openings, but the band was just
barely open. I was able to run a few, but a mixture of run and S&P yielded the
best results. Here is a list of countries worked from the start until 1735Z:
CN, 9J, 9L, CT3, C5, 5H, HC 1346Z, CE, EA5 1351Z, ZB, CR2, D4, 8P, HA, DF, OK,
V5, I, LZ, PJ4, FM, P4, YN, 9A, GW, OE, ST, E7, V4, YV, LU, F, G 1505Z end of
first EU opening, J2, TI, CE, PJ2, ZD8, OA, CX, VE, HK0, VP2E, KP2, PY0F, PZ,
VP5 (via Es), ZS, CT, PY (took a long time for this one to appear compared to
CX and LU), FY, C6 (Es), XE, IS0 1732Z. I was able to run about 5 EA's and F's
around 1730Z probably via a Es to F2 link, very late to work EU! Signals were
booming from SA until about 2030Z and the band pretty much closed by 2115Z.
Around 2030 there was a weak opening to two KH6's, but that was the only
Pacific DX worked despite some careful listening. 10 was great considering the
low solar flux and just about the right "speed" to avoid having to work hard at
it after a day of that Saturday.

Thanks for all of the Q's and mults. The WW CW is always fun compared to most
other contests.

73, Jeff