[3830] CQWW CW W8QZA(@N0KE) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8qza2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W8QZA(@N0KE) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:03:42 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W8QZA
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: N0KE

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Silt, CO
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:   11     4        3
   80:   36    13       19
   40:   65    16       35
   20:  139    21       54
   15:  140    21       56
   10:   25     9       14
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: Elecraft K-2 running 5 Watts

Antennas at N0KE:

10-15-20 Meter 3 el Delta (Quad variant) up 60 feet
10-15-20 Meter 3 el TA-33 tribander up 60 feet
40 Meter 2 el Yagi up 55 feet
40-80 Meter HyTower vertical
80 Meter 4 Square
160 Meter sloper

Again this year, Phil (N0KE), my friend of over 50 years, let me use his
station in western Colorado for the CQ WWDX CW contest while he went to operate
at TI5N.

No really amazing Qs, but some mre interesting ones were:

160 M: Only Q out of W / VE was KH7X.
80 M: ZL8X, NH2T, TG9ADV
40 M: ZL8X, HK0GU, D4C, C5A
20 M: ZS1EL, ZD8O, C5A
15 M: ZL8X, VK6LW, C5A, ZD8O
10 M: ZL8X

The guys at ZL8X have incredible ears. Essentially, if I could hear them, then
they could hear my 5 watts. I don't really know how they do it.

The new 80 M 4-Square that Phil has engineered works VERY well. I was delighted
to work 7 all time new ones on 80 M QRP to get my total after about 10 years to
DXCC 75! The last time I worked 7 new ones on 80 in a weekend was back when I
first started!

With QRP it is very frustrating to hear a double mult with a 599+ signal
continue to call CQ in your face. On the other hand I would occasionally call a
station I could barely copy the call on and have him come back perfect the first
time.

So conditions are slowly getting better and I'm looking forward to the ARRL
weekends coming up! But my 32 foot "tower" and 3 element SteppIR can't compare
to Phil's station! THANKS AGAIN PHIL!!!!

Bill Parker  W8QZA @ N0KE