[3830] CQWW CW V47NT(N2NT) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW V47NT(N2NT) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 18:20:15 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: V47NT
Operator(s): N2NT
Station: V47KP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ST KITTS
Operating Time (hrs): 47.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:  440    15       63
   80:  763    22       77
   40: 2202    32      116
   20: 1863    34      106
   15: 1778    26       93
   10:  359    21       63
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

One of the nice things about Win-Test is you can set goals and see how you are
doing compared to last year. After about 5 hours I was  200 qsos behind :)
I saw my friend KP3Z had the same experience so maybe the conditions were too
good up north!

Anyway, I spent the next 40 hours trying to catch up with no luck. Then in the
last 3 hours, somehow I stayed awake enough to end up with 3 more qsos than
last year. Of course 60 more multipliers makes all the difference in the
world.

I lost about a half hour from 3 power outages. It takes a few minutes to fire
up the generator, and that was nice to have.

The pileups were huge and unruly at times. Even the K3 could not help me pick
out callsigns and I had to qsy. This was a new experience for me. Can the
cluster and skimmers go away? Just kidding.

Congratulations to the big numbers I am seeing from EF8M, CR3E, PZ5T etc. For
me I may have reached my qso limit since 3 years in a row it's been within a
range of 50.
The short opening on 10M was an incredible jolt. I see some with over 1000 qs
on 10M. Wait till it really opens!

Thanks as always to W2OX, K3NM, V44KAI for letting me use the station. All the
antennas were wiped out in hurricane Earl this September so it took quite an
effort to rebuild. Thanks also to W2GD who spent a few days on the island
helping and then went to P40W to beat me :)He also helped rebuild 8P5A and a
dozen other stations, which by my calculation means he is worth over 100
million points to the CQWW!
I wish I had more time to check things out before the contest, but I was fixing
antennas right up until Friday afternoon. Next time I need to come down for 1
extra day at least.

See you next year.

73, Andy N2NT